Written By: Prince William County
Prince William County Government is committed to serving the public in a safe and efficient manner. Officials have put measures in place to protect employees and the public when conducting business. Safety is the number one priority during these challenging times. Libraries will open for curbside service starting June 15. The Department of Parks, Recreation and Tourism has opened trails, walking paths, picnic shelters, golf courses, skate parks and parking lots at outdoor parks.
The following services are available in person, on location:
- Courthouse Services – court cases, land records
- Elections Office
- Animal Shelter
- Board of County Supervisors meetings
- Planning Commission meetings
- Historical Commission meetings
- Parks and Trails – parking areas and trails are open to the public
- Boat launch at Lake Ridge Park is available for use by boat owners
- Social Services provides SNAP EBT cards at Ferlazzo and Sudley North; 9-11 a.m. and 1-3 p.m.
24-Hour Online Services:
- Taxpayer Services
- SNAP, Medicaid, and TANF benefit applications and renewals
- Courthouse Records
- Attorney Access
- Court Case Information
- Land Records Electronic Recording
- Library Digital Resources
- Human Rights Complaints
- Planning Records
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- 2020 Census
- County Employment
- Economic Development webinars, etc.
It is important to note that Prince William County has continued to provide services throughout the COVID-19 state and local emergency. We are committed to providing excellent customer service to the public. All agencies are working and making appointments to meet with people as needed via phone, email, teleconference and in-person as appropriate. The public can access these items on the county website. See https://coronavirus.pwcgov.org/county-services/ to access specific services. The County’s general assistance phone number is 703-792-6000. For more information on Prince William County Government, please log onto www.pwcgov.org.