Written By: Visit Prince William
Good news! We’re extending the deadline to apply for a Small Business Relief Micro-Grant to Tuesday, June 9, 2020, at 5 p.m.
We’re also adding an option for you to fill out a paper application and either email it to us or drop it off in-person.
- Small Business Relief Micro-Grant Application [PDF]
- Small Business Relief Micro-Grant Application [Spanish – PDF]
Please email your completed application and all of the required documents to Michele Weatherly at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also drop off your application at our office on Monday or Tuesday (6/8 or 6/9) from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Prince William County
Department of Economic Development
13575 Heathcote Blvd., Suite 240
Gainesville, VA 20155
Of course, you can still apply online, if you prefer.
The Small Business Relief Micro-Grant Program provides financial grants of up to $10,000 to qualified Prince William County small businesses impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The grants will assist eligible businesses in maintaining operations and can be used for ongoing expenses such as payroll, rent and insurance. Grant recipients can also use funds to purchase e-commerce equipment or expand websites and online sales capabilities.Apply NowGOEligibilityGOFAQsGOTipsGO
Applications will be accepted for five (5) days, beginning in early June. The Prince William County Department of Economic Development, along with the COVID-19 Economic Recovery Task Force, will review grant applications for eligibility and obtain any needed additional information.
To be eligible for a Prince William Small Business Relief Micro-Grant, applicants must:
- have one or more physical locations in Prince William County, including the principal place of business;
- have a minimum of three employees and a maximum of 50 full-time employees on site in Prince William County.
- have a current Prince William County Business License
- be current on Prince William County taxes obligations prior to March 1, 2020
- have been in business for at least two years in Prince William County;
- have gross receipts less than $1,000,000 for the 2018 and 2019 fiscal years;
- have experienced at least a 25% decline in revenues attributable to the COVID-19 pandemic;
- be a for-profit business
- complete an online application form, certify that all answers are true and accurate, provide a completed W-9 form and financial documentation, certify that business’s revenue and projected impact related to COVID-19, and agree to the application’s terms and conditions.
The following businesses are ineligible:
- Banks and financial institutions
- Sole proprietorships
- Home-based businesses
- Franchise businesses, except those that are locally (Prince William County) owned and operated
- Vape and tobacco retailers