Written By: Prince William County
Patrons of Prince William Public Libraries now have free access to BookBrowse.com, the leading book recommendation and review website, through its Digital Library, pwcva.gov/digitallibrary. Patrons can access all of BookBrowse, including its premium content, from anywhere at any time.
The very best books entertain, engage, and enlighten. They wrap us in their world, giving us a window into the lives of others or a mirror to reflect on ourselves. These are the books you’ll find on BookBrowse – such as novels that whisk you to unfamiliar times and places, thrillers that are more than just “page-turners,” and thought-provoking nonfiction that entertains as it informs.
Here are a few highlights of what BookBrowse has to offer:
- In-depth reviews that focus on the characters, themes, writing style, and the overall experience of reading the book, so you can decide if it’s going to be right for you.
- “Beyond the Book” articles that explore historical, cultural, and contextual aspects of each featured book.
- BookBrowse’s twice-monthly membership magazine, The BookBrowse Review.
- Previews of new and notable books publishing soon.
- More than 200 recommended reading lists, by genre, time period, setting, award winners, and a wide range of themes.
- Handpicked “If you liked this, try these” recommendations for over 4,000 books and 3,000 authors.
- Rich information and guidance for book clubs, including advice on starting and running a club, recommended books, reading guides, interviews with book clubs, and online book discussions that patrons can participate in.
- Fun quizzes, book news, polls, author interviews, and book giveaways.
All books link directly to Prince William Public Libraries’ online catalog so you can check availability with one click. BookBrowse is easy to use and is filled with great content. Because patrons can also access it outside of the library, it’s the next best thing to having your own personal librarian.
About Prince William Public Libraries
Prince William Public Libraries consists of 12 branches throughout Prince William County and the City of Manassas, providing free access to books, e-books, e-audio, print and digital magazines, Digital Library, and CDs/DVDs. PWPL also offers free educational and entertaining programs for all ages. Learn more at pwcva.gov/library.
Founded in 1998, BookBrowse.com is an online magazine and recommendation source for readers. It is particularly suited to book club members and those who read to expand their horizons. Some of BookBrowse’s content is publicly available, but many premium features are accessible only by subscription. Patrons of Prince William Public Libraries can access BookBrowse from anywhere at any time by going to pwcva.gov/digitallibrary.
Rachel Johnson, Communication Services Division Chief
Prince William Public Libraries
Davina Morgan-Witts, Publisher